12 Mar 2007

Horse is popular here

Strange post name. Did you notice? Anyhoo, the past few weeks have flown by and this post will as well. Please forgive the bullet-point-like sentences.

After leaving Paris on spring break with my dad and Kathy, we went to Interlaken. It was a trip of a trip. We spent some good time watch shopping over and over. We spent more time shopping. And let me tell you, I now understand better than ever how women work. The more you shop, the more exhausted you get. After thoroughly exhausting oneself shopping, what better way to relax than spend a relaxing two hours in the hotel spa receiving a hot stone massage? Let me tell you, I have yet to come up with a more relaxing thing to do. (Quick thanks to Kathy for that lovely treat). Oh yeah, my dad got a pedicure while we were there. What a weirdo. The following day we went up the mountains to Kleine Sheddig to see the ski towns and what not. Good times. Up top was near white out conditions, but the cafe au lait was worth it.

Geneva the next day. We walked around a bit and I gave them the tour of the JKC (John Knox Centre, for you foreigners). They loved it and thought it was equal to--4.5 star accommodations. They saw old town and then we ate at an awesome restaurant where a few people missed out on an AWESOME meal. Oh well.

Lausanne the next day. Funky hotel, but a beautiful city. We saw the sunset over the lake and the Jura mountains. Doesn't get much prettier. Following day we spent shopping around 'old' town. We went home then dad and Kathy left for Paris and eventually Chicago. Thanks again for everything that week.

School flew by. Wait, did I say school? Mistype. The week flew by. Friday I went to Basel and walked around a bit with Zach, Amy, and Molly. Zach and I drank a few liters of beer at the oldest brauhaus in Switzerland. Decent beer, but not as good as Seven Star in Vienna. We jumped on a train--literally, jumped on the roof, Bourne style--and jumped back off in Neuchatel. It's a pretty little Swiss French town on a lake. We watched sunset there then hit up a creperie for dinner. Came home and had a good night.

Oh, big news. I forgot to put this in my week that flew by and am currently too lazy to scroll up and insert it. I spent my Wednesday walking through Geneva burning off calories. On my adventure, I stopped by Cash Converters and bought two guns and a guitar. Ok, really, just one gun and one guitar, but a guy can lie. So I've been playing my guitar all weekend.

Saturday I woke up nice and early and hit the train to Gruyeres with Zach, Amy, and Mee-gan. Good fondue and alien sex. Go ahead, ask yourself...I'll wait...yes, alien sex. I'll post pictures later. We also saw a chateau and walked around a bit. It was really flat and green in those mountains. On the way home, we stopped at Lausanne and watched the sunset from the lake again, but this time with friends. Good day, ended better.

Oh, more big news to insert in after Friday. I had an afro Friday evening when I got home from Neuchatel. Now, I'm a skin head. Not a straight up, I'll kill you with my shiv type, but buzzed--like I used to be. Welcome back, scalp.

Sunday I woke up and headed to the rock wall. We had horrible luck with buses so we ended up sitting around for a while, but once we hit the wall it was a great day. The climbing was good and Stewart and I taught Mee-gan how to lead climb. All in all, good day ending with yet another sunset. Now I'm on here typing the following day. How are you doing today?

Now to the good stuff. Scroll to the top of the page. I'll give you a minute.

Ok, now did you read the title? I know you've been dying to know what it means. I'll take the liberty and inform you. Horse is popular here. You see them often, but more often, you see cheval on a menu in a restaurant. The same runs true in the JKC. Tonight we ate spaghetti with cheval in the meat sauce. It doesn't taste much different than good ol' beouf.

I think my river might have run dry, but don't tell boys 2 men.

A Beintôt.

P.S. I will post pictures soon. My time in Suisse has forced me to become complacent, like the Swiss. But they will be up.

No comments: